Saturday, July 12, 2008

Home again!







We just returned from a fabulous week in Orange Beach/Gulf Shores, Alabama with my whole family. My parents rented a huge 4-bedroom condo big enough for Billy, Will & me; Jennifer, Matt & Gibson; and my grandmother Mimi. We were in a corner unit and had a view of the beach & Perdido Pass. From our balcony we could watch the big fishing boats go out in the morning & come in at the end of the day. We did as much relaxing as possible with the little guy & 17-month old Gibson around. The kids were great all week though. Gibson eventually loved the beach, as long as she didn't get too much sand between her toes. Will wasn't a big fan of the ocean, but he LOVED the sand. Well, he loved to EAT the sand. We all had some yummy meals at the condo & out to eat.

I used to go to Gulf Shores every summer growing up, and my mom's family is from very near by in Mobile, AL. I haven't been there since 1999 (when Billy & I first started dating). Hurricane Ivan destroyed many of the familiar landmarks I knew back in 2004. This area has really bounced back well in a short amount of time. My dad, sister, Billy and I went out one night to the famous FloraBama bar and heard some great music. That was a fun night!

It was really great for Will to hang out with his other grandparents and great grandmother for a whole week!! They loved getting to know him better and even helped us out a few nights when Will's teething became an all-night issue. Gibson definitely loves her cousin Will. I have a funny video of her hugging/wrestling Will towards the end of the week. When we told Gibson goodbye, she pointed to Will and started balling crying. It of course made us all teary too. She has such a sweet heart.

The flight home was long with a layover in Atlanta. Will was a bit fussy with his teething & a cold that was probably making his ears hurt. Here's hoping he stays asleep tonight! Mom is tired!!

I'll post a slideshow and some videos of the trip soon. For now, here are a few of my faves!

No comments: